Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels

This quote was added by njdpro
You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.

Train on this quote

Rate this quote:
2.8 out of 5 based on 79 ratings.

Edit Text

Edit author and title

(Changes are manually reviewed)

or just leave a comment:

promethes 1 year, 1 month ago
trash quote
chieftyper 1 year, 2 months ago
what a load of garbage.

The WEF can't wait for us all to be EATING ZE BUGS and plugged into the metaverse inside our pods. F THAT
kyle_w 1 year, 7 months ago
Well this didn't age well. Like pretty much everything Marx had to say.
user81230 1 year, 11 months ago
"10% of the population is able to own private property at the expense of the other 90%, so therefore we should just get rid of private property entirely so that 0% of the population owns it."

Or, maybe, hypothetically if this imaginary premise was true, we should instead focus on expanding private property ownership to the other 90%? Owning private property isn't a zero-sum game. Buying a car doesn't actively harm the people who can't afford it.
richard 4 years, 3 months ago
"Or maybe don't do that" - All of history

Test your skills, take the Typing Test.

Score (WPM) distribution for this quote. More.

Best scores for this typing test

Name WPM Accuracy
user871724 138.89 93.1%
rhombus 136.26 99.8%
venerated 135.49 99.4%
am4sian 132.53 97.1%
hippogriffo 129.26 97.1%
user81230 128.49 97.5%
hackertyper492 125.91 96.7%
2001or2 124.71 92.5%
zararule 123.44 100%
user64764 123.42 96.9%

Recently for

Name WPM Accuracy
charlottehci 73.66 95.9%
user957906 28.14 93.2%
user949982 87.52 97.9%
reamerton 64.39 93.0%
mflasphaler6289 47.92 97.3%
mafuso 113.22 97.3%
user949982 83.42 96.3%
gizmo773 30.12 87.8%